It is now possible to register.
|Who ?||Conference||Workshop Only|
(incl. PhD students)
Some parts of the program could become fully booked, while registration is still open (e.g. some workshops). We handle these attendance requests on a first-come, first-served basis.
Because of the COVID-19 situation is may not be possible for everyone to come to the conference. However, we will stream the conference online for you to follow from home.
If you would like to cancel your registration, we use the following regulations:
1. Authors of a paper: one author needs to stay registered to cover the publication fees (open access publication).
2. Everyone else: you can cancel your registration up to and including the 5th of August (Leiden local time) and you will receive a 80% refund.
The student volunteer program is a great opportunity for young researchers to familiarize themselves with state-of-the-art haptics research. It also allows enthusiastic students to establish and expand their network with the most relevant members of the academy, professionals, and other scholars in the field.
Student volunteers will have a wide range of responsibilities, such as:
– Audio and video support during workshops (September 6) and oral sessions (September 7-9)
– Help setting up and maintaining demos, posters, and exhibits
– Additional support at registration desk
– Accessibility support
In general, no special skills are required, and roles will be rotated throughout the conference. We are looking to fill two special roles for volunteers with good photography and social media skills, so please indicate in your application if you are interested in these roles. Most roles should not conflict with conference attendance since all oral presentations are single-track.
Student volunteers will receive a free registration to the conference.
– Good communication skills in English
– Undergraduate or graduate student during the 2019-2020 academic year
– Available for the workshops and conference (September 6-9). We will make sure to accommodate your own presentation and/or demo times.
– Available on the afternoon of September 5th for a workshop on accessibility and final conference preparation, followed by a happy hour to get to know the other volunteers!
– If you require a special exception to your arrival/departure times, please note this in your application.
We have finished the selection process.